- Use the hospital crew to share/teach others to use redstone and pressure points.
- Science Unit - create circuits/ electronics
- Health - Healthy Communities and Environments
- Societal attitudes and values
- Identify how health care and physical activity practices are influenced by community and environmental factors.
- Community resources
- Participate in communal events and describe how such events enhance the well-being of the community.
- Rights, responsibilities, and laws
- Research and describe current health and safety guidelines and practices in their school and take action to enhance their effectiveness.
- People and the environment
- Plan and implement a programme to enhance an identified social or physical aspect of their classroom or school environment.
- Understand how groups make and implement rules and laws.
- Understand how cultural practices vary but reflect similar purposes.
- Understand how people view and use places differently.
- Understand how people make decisions about access to and use of resources.
- Understand how people remember and record the past in different ways.
- Understand how early Polynesian and British migrations to New Zealand have continuing significance for tangata whenua and communities.
- Understand how the movement of people affects cultural diversity and interaction in New Zealand.
- Literacy - learning stories, based your scene on a class novel, create information blocks with URLs
- Maths - mapping, coordinates and compass work
The Key Competencies are at the forefront driving the focus on ‘self’ to set high standards and how to cope with adversity, to think, be curious and creative and to recognise others views and negotiate a happy outcome.
I love that collaboration has no barriers, boys happily sharing with girls and less able being taught new skills from experienced students. Students sharing their knowledge as a tutor is empowering.
Yes we are using Minecraft but that almost seems a by-product with all the other rich learning, skills and collaboration happening.
I am looking forward to watching/hearing the students self reflection on their builds via video recordings. This will delve into their inner decision making and reasoning.